Friday 16 January 2015

2015 - Surprisingly Different!



Happy New Year to all of you!

2015 is already shaping up to be busy.  The last month has been very interesting from a home point of view as my husband has started work in Paris, therefore I will likely be joining him closer to the summer!


However, I am vey much in the here and now, and looking forward to several projects before June.

First of all, I would like to thank Trend Magazine in Aberdeen for their amazing article in the winter issue, not only was it well written but I have had so much positive feedback from people I both know - and don't know!


On the 28th January, I will be starting a very exciting collaborative community project with my friend and general amazing artist Gabrielle Reith-Thompson of Small Stories fame.
We have been commissioned by the folks at Smart Consultants to take part in Look Again - A visual Art and Design Festival in April.  There is more info to come but those who know the Robert the Bruce statue outside Marischal College will certainly Look Again when we are finished with it!


In March, I will be taking part in the Arts Across Learning Festival with Aberdeen City Council, this festival aims to improve learning and develop creativity through access to high quality arts and cultural activity across the city.

As for moving to Paris..... It is rather a thought to potentially wrap up my kiln for a couple of years but being able to spend quality time gathering ideas and soaking up the atmosphere would be unmissable.  I guess I will cultivate my sketchbooks for a few years instead of clay!


No comments:

Post a Comment